International Presentation Skills – 2 gg
Is there a difference between making an effective presentation in Italian and making an effective presentation in English? Absolutely! Being a confident, polished speaker is not only necessary but well-advised in order to communicate such matters effectively and persuasively. During the course you will learn how to build an effective presentation adding interactivity.
- Learn about different communication styles so that your message comes through clearly to your audience.
- Learn how to structure a presentation, how to handle questions professionally and how to come across with confidence in any situation.
- Get a clear message across in English to a multicultural audience.
This course is designed for managers of all levels and professionals who work in a multicultural, multinational environment and who need to be able to get a clear message across in English to a multicultural audience.
Developing key presentation skills
You will work on yourself improving your personal presentation tools: enhancing vocal delivery, making eye contact, adding positive body language. You will also try the different communication modes: visual, auditory, kinesthetic and see the multimodal presentation techniques.
The course is extremely active. Each participant will be videotaped and will prepare 2 micro and 2 full-scale presentations during the 2 days. Feedback and analysis of performance will be immediate.
Introduction and overview
- Characteristics of outstanding presentations
- Creating a framework for success
- Making a positive impact on your audience
- Enhance your confidence as a presenter
Developing key presentation skills
- Attention-getting openings and compelling closings:
- creating a winning impression
- capturing the audience
- Improving your personal presentation tools:
- enhancing vocal delivery
- making eye contact
- adding positive body language
- Communication modes:
- matching communication modes to audience learning styles
- multimodal presentation techniques
Building an effective presentation
- The construction and design process:
- setting objectives
- matching purpose and point to the audience
- creating the storyboard model
- Mindmapping as a presentation design tool:
- rapidly capturing presentation ideas
- structuring content for clarity
- converting mindmaps into presentations
- Shaping the presentation:
- applying learning theory for optimal information transfer
- volume vs. retention
- Design high-impact slides:
- making text, colour and graphics work together
- limiting content to increase effect
- employing information graphics to simplify complex data
Communicating the main points
- Preparing to present with confidence:
- identifying the key points
- constructing the narrative by linking the key points
- reducing your dependency on speaker notes
- Applying high-retention techniques in your presentation:
- starting powerfully
- linking content to increase impact
- the power of the unexpected
- Making your message “stick”:
- increasing information recall
- emphasizing content with visual reinforcement techniques
- the power of repetition
- when to use handouts for maximum impact
- closing the loop: checking for audience comprehension
Adding interactivity to your presentations
- Audience-centered delivery:
- benefits of audience feedback
- Increasing audience involvement
- establishing two-way communication
- combating passive listening
- Energizing presentations with questions:
- choosing questions: rhetorical, group or targeted
- leveraging questions to achieve the impact you want
- turning your main point into questions
- structuring questions to involve the entire audience
- Handling audience interaction:
- rewarding responses
- managing questions from the audience
- keeping to your timeline
The course is extremely active.
Each participant will be videotaped and will prepare 2 micro and 2 full-scale presentations during the 2 days. Feedback and analysis of performance will be immediate.