- Improving the use of technologies to reach great performances with less effort.
- Improving the ability to stay focused on the important tasks, avoiding chaos.
- Growing a clear vision of your objectives and a strong motivation and commitment to act towards them.
Managers, CEOs, HR managers, project managers and everyone who needs a new powerful model to improve time management, activities and wel-being at the personal level within the organization.
We will learn how to use the Mind Mapping to manage ideas, projects and goals. We will implement the famous method of D. Allen GTD -Getting Things Done- to manage tasks and time. We will develop a brand new powerful tool called TIME ETIQUETTE to improve the performances and well-being of the entire company/organization.
“Managing Chaos” – Course Contents
Setting the Objectives
- Target 80/10: at least 80% of you will increase productivity and well-being by 10%
- Rationality is sometimes counterintuitive
Chaos and Butterflies
- The butterfly effect
- The effect of Psychological Chaos
- Managing multitasking at the individual level
- Managing multitasking at the organizational level
- Shortest Job First
Managing Communication Channels
- Synchronous and asynchronous communication channels
- Synchronous communication channels: pay attention, now!
- Asynchronous communication channels: pay attention, then (but when?)
- How to use properly all communication channels (mail, phone, sms, chat, etc.)
- Avoiding the fully-synchronous organization
Rational and Emotional: Who Is Leading the Game?
- Reinforcement learning
- Setting proper deadlines (and assuring they are met)
- Decreasing anxiety within the organization and saving money!
Remember Everything, Always!
- Prospective memory – how it works
- Prospective memory and multitasking
- Managing ideas that pop up!
The TIME ETIQUETTE
- Saving money and improving well-being using the TIME ETIQUETTE
- Developing the TIME ETIQUETTE
- Disseminating the TIME ETIQUETTE across the organization
- Assuring the TIME ETIQUETTE is respected by everybody
- Basics of Mind Mapping
- Using mind mapping to represent objectives and ideas
- Using mind mapping to manage projects
- Using mind mapping to plan your life
- Using mind mapping within the organization
The Pillars of Managing Chaos
- Individual Values and organizational Values: Beyond common misunderstandings
- Managing goals and projects
- Managing activities and tasks
- Yes, we also have dreams to manage
- The Basket: where all goes
- An evolutionary model of “Task List”
- Managing properly the Diary
The Process of Managing Chaos
- The GTD-Getting Things Done model
- The PDCA Model
- Plan: organizing and scheduling your tasks
- Do: executing your tasks and delegating others
- Check: defining the BENA (Best Next Activity)
- Act: managing interruptions
Tools and Apps
- Using Note and Promemoria (Mac world)
- Using an Excel Spreadsheet
- Using specific apps (Mac and Windows world)