- Improve participants’ ability to participate and interact in a cross-cultural virtual business meeting.
- Compare available technology, such as videoconferencing, skype meetings and teleconferencing, and learn how to effectively plan, execute and extract value from virtual meetings.
- Special attention will also be given to the impact of cross-cultural differences in an international context.
The course is designed for managers of all levels of functional areas who work in a cross cultural environment and need to be able to attend virtual meetings. The minimum required English level is the Common European Framework B level, corresponding to an “Independent Speaker”.
Business knowledge and enthusiasm with highly customised materials and experiential training techniques are used to create practical dynamic training programmes. Our teaching methods enable students to develop their ability to communicate effectively in English by improving fluency, language skills and confidence. Therefore, participants will be asked to listen to and actively role-play situations very close to their business environment.
Virtual meetings key features and pros/cons
- Teleconference/conference call
How to make a virtual meeting successful
- Logistics and technology
- Time management
- Supporting material
Key skills needed
- Language basics and specific vocabulary
- Networking skills
- Phone conversation skills
- Meeting skills
- Presentation skills
- Listening and comprehension skills
- Body language
- Attitude to time
- Decision making